A great video made by Survival Lilly about how to silent a recurve bow.
Recently we received several emails from our customers asking about how to reduce the noise during shooting.
Normally we need to do the following three steps:
1. Tune the bow correctly, make sure your brace height is around 7″.
2. Add damper and silencer on limbs and string.
3. For phantom, put something like cotton in the limb pocket will also be helpful.
The first one is the most important.
Phantom is a specially designed recurve.
Dislike the WinRunner which is dedicated in target archery, Phantom is a hunting bow.
You will find some unusual installation holes on the riser because we want it to be able to install some useful accessories like brush arrow rest, 5 pin sight, stabilizer, etc.
There are also some structures to reduce the whole weight.
As long as you tune the bow correctly, Phantom doesn’t produce more noise than the other bows.
Enjoy the video and we will talk about brace height in the next video.
7 thoughts on “How to Silent a Recurve Bow by Survival Lilly”
Best way to silence a recurve? Buy a longbow instead.
I use 700 spine to my 30lb my recurve bow. 500 spine was to heavy, the 600spine(carbon arrow) is perfect for 35-40lb. The 400 spne like a heavy stone with the 35lb bow:)
how long does a bow to arrive?
It is hard to say.
All parcels would be processed and shipped out within 48 hours.
The delay is caused in two places:
1. We will have to let the courier transport our parcels to Dubai or somewhere else and then handed over to DHL or FedEx – there are too many parcels waiting to be shipped out locally so this is the best way we found to shorten the delivery time.
2. Even DHL or FedEx warehouses in Dubai are too busy to deal with all those incoming parcels, they need to operate them in a queue.
To avoid any misunderstanding, we are not marking those orders as “shipped”, but keep them in “processing”.
You will receive an email from DHL or FedEx when your parcel is operated in their warehouses.
According to the previous two weeks, normally it will spend about 10 days for the tracking number to be generated there and then they will use another 10 days for the delivery.
But things are changing every day now, please don’t make any plan based on this.
The entire reason I have found this website is because of your YouTube videos. Thank you so much and stay awesome!!
What spine arrows are best for the 35lb black hunter
I think like 400 spine